Friday, June 03, 2011

Grilling matter

Lazy friday, spent having wonderful belgian waffles in the morning and awesome sandwiches for brunch. Thanks to a wonderful gift I got for my wedding. Problem is I dont know whom to thank for it.

Generally I dont forget what I get and from whom I get it from. However my wedding was an occasion whereby I left Singapore the day after I got married and did not even get a chance to open all my gifts properly. So my parents did the honours and also made a notebook of who gave what, so that I would know. Then they promptly lost the book in midst of all the commotion of coming for my reception in India. So I only got to see my wedding gifts a year after I got married. Among the few gifts I did manage to check out before leaving were 5 coffee makers and a sandwich maker cum grill cum waffle maker, the latter being something I really wanted. I did not have time to repack it with me and considering that I knew I was gonna be in India for few months before moving to Abu Dhabi, I felt there was no need to carry it with me then.

But over time it got lost, and placed somewhere very 'safely'. Mom and me searched the whole house, mom was sure I must have been mistaken. Finally 3 years after my wedding, I found it, still perfectly wrapped and in good condition. I sincerely wish I could remember who gave it to me though, cos I would really love to give that person(s) a huge hug. Its one of the most used thing in my kitchen.

No comments: