Event: Dad’s office party
Me trying to be polite and chatting with random people
Aunty No.1: “ So your husband is north Indian?”
Me: “Yes”
Aunty No. 2:” Did he used to work in Singapore?”
Me: “errr….No”
I know where this is headed and I was trying to prepare a version of the ‘long story short’ in my head
Aunty No. 1: “Ohhh…how did you guys meet then?”
Five years since we met and three years of my married life, I was getting a little tired of the question. Would they know if I lied?? Cant mom please call me now? Sumit look at me..rescue me…Damn it, he isn’t even looking.
Random uncle: “Ladies, why don’t you guys start having food?”
Thank God!
Aunty No. 1: “NO NO..I want to hear this first” Grabs my hand and makes me sit down
Sigh, I am stuck
The Short Version:
So Sumit while studying in IIM Bangalore, came to NTU, Singapore on exchange. At the same time, I had recently started working in NTU. We met first thru a common friend. It wasn’t love at first sight or anything, we became good friends. He left within one month and we had a long distance relationship. Two years later we were married.
No comments:
Post a Comment