Mom: Its simple, when you are making ghee from butter, what ever remains in the wrapper, put it on ur face. If your milk has cream, take a little out, put it on ur face. If you cut lemons or oranges, rub the peel on ur face before u throw it away. Then wash your face. Take some yogurt and besan, mix them and use it like a mask.
I know there are many home remedies for skin care out there. But when my mom said it I really felt it was bizarre! A friend of mine told me she used to wash her face with milk before her wedding to remove the tan. But still it was something I had never tried. Not that I am against the idea.
So after coming back to AUH, I decided I was gonna try some of the ideas. Considering I am wasting time at home anyways, why not. I am sure most of these are probably quite common and I am quite behind in my 'discovery'. Nonetheless, here are a list of things that I tried out.
1) Yogurt and Besan: this was awesome for the summer heat. It worked as a scrub as well as a mask. Very refreshing feeling after
2) Orange peel and Milk: I had a lot of heat boils in Singapore, and the marks just refused to go away. But After I rubbed them a few days with orange peel soaked in milk, Voila! They became soooo much lighter. This has become a regular thing now for me especially after swimming.
3) Milk and Honey: This one was great for dry skin.
4) Strawberry and Yogurt: I had bought some strawberries which were really sour. I did not want them go a waste, so after eating as many as I could, the made a paste of the last few, mixed with yogurt and made another face mask. It exfoliates the skin really well, quite refreshing.
No comments:
Post a Comment