Friday, November 24, 2006

Race to the finish line

After one and half years of running between office and classes, juggling office work and studies, waking up at 4 am and sleeping past mid night, and nearly killing myself at times with performances and presentations, its finally going to be over...well nearly. My last exam is on tuesday and I havent started studying for the subject yet. This semester has been the worst of the three as my work load and my committments jus increased drastically.I had more performances and major shows than my prev two semesters put together, with most of my weekends gone running between rehearsals. I studied for all my exams in the last minute and was swamped with so much office work that I din even have time to revise the days before the papers.

Even though I am relieved that I have no more classes to worry about and no more exams to study for, a part of me is really sad. All these days, I felt a sense of achievement for doing so many things simultaneously and juggling my time between so many activites. I dont care if its something half the world does, its mine.

I still have my dissertation, which will take a few more months, but classes had their own fun. just sitting there and catching up with classmates and sharing the 'you know what happened' conversations, exclaiming how boring the class is or how cute the cosmetic surgeon looked (thanks to finding him cute, I remembered his part in the exam even though I hadnt studied it).The 'are you going for class' messages I used to share with a few part timers. Sitting outside the exam hall and doing last minute revision, in between having random conversations, and shooting questions at each other.

*sigh*

...Its the end of an era

No comments: