Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Post Exam Stress Release

So well, like always I feel like freaking out after my exams and I had taken thursday and friday off last week, and hence I managed to get an extra loooong holiday of 5 days!!

Retail Therapy:
I spent thursday walking up and down orchard road trying to find the perfect gift for a girlfriend whose birthday was in September and I had not had the time to go shopping for a good gift for her. Plus I also wanted to explore some 'Car Modelling' Hobby shops, to get yet another gift for another friend. Considering I hate shopping, I walked up and down Orchard to Somerset and back at least 3 times. Went for lunch at 4pm and then walked back to Somerset to wait for my friends to show up.
I must say, it was good to spend time with myself, just walking around.I could think of so many things and sort out so many issue, appointments, etc in my head. I also called up and caught up with many friends whom I had not spoken to in months (thanks to my exams!)

Friday Night Fever:
It was party time on friday!!Went to Ministry of Sound for the first time..it was good, especially enjoyed the trance music. I loved the concept though, of different rooms being done up with different decors and the whole idea was awesome! I got all high on Tequilla! It was a great feeling. Left around 3 to go for coffee at TCC, sat there, staring at the quiet and serene Clarke Quay, which looked dull without its lights and sound. I had never seen Clarke Quay at that time of the night before, so it was...I want to say ...different?

"Movers and Shakers"
Well that was how my saturday began.Later that day, I went to NTU campus to help a friend pack his room up. Brought back memories of the times when I helped not only pack but also move stuff for friends in NTU, while they were not around.I remember travelling in the back of a van holding a monitor in my lap and going from hall to hall dropping off stuff and moving them to the respective rooms...sigh....In comparison, he had very little stuff, all of which fitted in two small suitcases.

A Chocolate Affair:
Well, saturday night was definitely one I wont forget!!After 4 years of just wishing, I finally went to the Fullerton Chocolate Buffet, that too on a date! All I can say is ...WWOOOOOOWW!!!!!It is the BEST buffet possible, and one where I actually got my money's worth! I felt I was in some posh section of "Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory". The elaborately laid out table filled with a vareity of cakes, pasteries, puddings,etc. The smooth flowing chocolate fountain to dip your fruits and marshmallows in (which to me was like a mini version of the chocolate waterfall). Of course who can miss the counter where fresh hot chocolate milk is made for you, all you need to do is choose the type of chocolate you want. No dont worry I will not start talkin about what I ate :) For I will never be able to describle nor do justice to neither the event nor the experience, nor the chocolates. But I must say, for every chocoholic out there, trust me it is a dream come true...and place you shd not miss!! For me what made the experience much more satisfying was the company I had, fellow chocoholics, who knew how to appreciate their cocoa beans!! Who knew the difference between dark and milk chocolate (unlike the people I know, who say "chocolate is jus chocolate...how can there be any difference between two bars?").

"Shoo Shopping.." (Srubs style..)
Sunday was a lazy day, after dance class, I was simply catching up with sleep and trying to ignore my mom trying to wake me up to clean my room. The decided to go shoe shopping instead and got myself a smashing pair of sneakers that are soooo comfortable I dont feel like taking them off at all! After that it was chaat and kulfi time!

Monday Night Mega Movie!
Monday was movie day..went to watch 'Darna Zaroori Hai'..bumped into some juniors and friends there. I think that was the best part of the movie.

So basically ya din do much over the weekend...jus hung out, lazed around...quite boring actually ;D

No comments: