Exams are nearing and jitters are increasing, along with my 'exam-stress' cravings.
In my Masters course, we had a test y'day in physiology.I spent what ever time I cud get last week to study for the test,considering I din really get much.Finally the 'big day' came. Everyone seemed to have prepared well. I started it feeling very nervous and ended it feeling very disappointed with myself, because I din know a lot of things.I was upset that I had spent all my time understanding concepts that I had not paid enough attention to the basic important details.As the lecturer went thru the answers, everyone was shouting out the answers, while I silently prayed.I felt stupid. I was sitting there texting a friend, upset and near to tears.The mood carried on till I hit home.
Why was I so disappointed?It was not the exam and I didnt expect to do well anyways.Was I upset that I spent all my non-working hrs studying and I still only managed to barely pass? But isnt it good that I managed to pass at least? Thats a first step. Considering that I did neither Biology or Chemistry even for my 'A' Levels and for that matter I didnt even do biology at 'O' levels.With a Bachelor in Enginnering, I shd be so proud of myself for having put in the effort and understanding what I have. What did I expect that in 13 weeks I will master anatomy and physiology?remember every hormone name and every process that happens in the body like the back of my hand?
One step at a time.To me a 50% pass is big achievement.I should be proud of myself.
And I very much am.
No comments:
Post a Comment