Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Little things that count

I always believe that little things can make a big impact.Its these little things that have kept me going, especially when I rush from one place to the next.So I thought I should blog about them.

1.The lovely canteen lady who makes hot (and awesome tasting) aloo paratas (potato stuffed paratas) specially for me on days I am rushing to class.If she has made me wait, then she will make them extra large size.Never have to go hungry to class.

2.The taxi drivers who on hearing 'uncle, NTU please' will break into a smile and tell me how hardworking I am (good to hear a compliment once in a while) and reassure me that they will make sure I reach class on time.Some of them will also ask me to have my dinner (the hot aloo paratas) in the taxi itself.

3.My colleagues who make it a point to ask 'Do you have class today?' before setting up any evening meetings.

4.My dear friends who msg and mail "Best of Luck" and "Dont get stressed out" to me every now and then.

5.Vicky (who frequents my blog) promptly replies to my queries and offers help whenever I ask.

6.My dance teacher who doesnt schedule rehearsal on days when I have class.

7.The van that goes from NTU to Boon Lay, where I always get a seat and reach Boon Lay a good 10 mins ahead of the crammy 179 (Thanks to Sayesha for telling me about it).

Whenever I think of any of them, I just feel like smiling. These gestures have made my life so much easier.

No comments: