Start of yet another week :)
I am looking forward to it.The weekend was great,as usual I had my share of fun!I didnt go for the A.R.Rahman show, I actually sold my ticket.A lot of people thought I was crazy to do that.All my friends were going.It was supposed to be THE concert to go to.I asked myself, can I afford the time?I cudnt.
Office has given me 4 days of exam leave because of a major project.That meant I had to sit and study during the weekends.I really wanted to go for the show.But as the weeks passed by, I was gettin less and less time to study because I was going to office on saturdays and dance classes seemed to stretch from 3 to 5 hours.Eventually I had to take the decision of simply not going for the concert.
After the concert,I heard stories about how spectacular it was and how awesome it felt being there.Deep inside me I heard a reassuring voice go "Its ok da, next time..." and I smiled, to myself.
I did not regret not going, because I did manage to spend some time studying.I gave myself a pat on the back for being able to get my priorities in place.
There have been a lot of times when been told "You are crazy" because I did not do something or did not like something that everyone else did.I am an individual, I am entitled to my living the way I want to.
The few occasions I have gone to a club, within 5 mins, I left and went outside.Why?I wasnt going to torture myself and sit in a smoke filled place, with people standing so close to you.At the same time, I did not expect my friends to follow me out.
There have been times when I have felt that spending more than $20 on clothes is beyond my budget, espcially if I dont need them badly.There have been times when I have blown money on gettin gifts for close friends.But that is me.I dont understand why anyone else should have a problem.
I hate it when people (this excludes all my friends) who dont know me very well come along and tell me what I am doing is right/wrong and worse still, expect me to follow the crowd, jus cos everyone else is doing the same.
No sir, This is my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment