Maybe not.
Actually I am not sure.
I am a person who believes that being honest is very important in every relationship and follow it to the book.
There have been many times when I wished I hadnt really been so truthful upfront about how I was feeling about something or someone.I am not someone who keeps things in my heart and buries my feelings.If I am happy you would know, if I am not, you would definetely know.
I follow this with not jus friends but everyone, even the stranger on the road would know how I am feeling just by looking at me.A couple of times I have been asked "Are you alright? Do you need a tissue?" by strangers who happen to see me wanderin aimlessly and tears rolling down my cheek cos of somethins I was feeling down about. I would sheepishly mumble "No thanks.I am ok" desperately hoping they thought I was down with a cold. When the tears came, I have no idea!
My friends would know immediately if I didnt like something or was angry about something, the same way they would if I was happy or I wanted to tell them how much they mean to me.They also seem to know if I am trying to lie about "being ok".I end up explaining to everybody whats wrong, just so that they wont feel bad.This way, everyone seems to know wats happening in my life, whether I want it or not.Is this much honesty really needed??
This has often made me wonder, is it a good thing or a bad thing that I cant hide my feelings.Something I havent been able to decide.
No comments:
Post a Comment