Thursday, August 25, 2005

Banned Dancing

“You can be arrested for dancing. You also cannot play music that provokes dancing. We have had to put sofas and fill spaces to prevent customers from dancing,”

This is an excerpt from an article I found through Lehmunde’s blog. I just simply burst out laughing when I read the article. A new law ‘Licensing and Controlling of Public Entertainment (Bangalore City) Order, 2005,’ has been passed and has been enforced in discotheques, bars, restaurants, and cabarets. (I think they missed out on the streets, homes, schools, cinema theatres…).

The Deputy Commissioner of Police feels that “The new law is for the good of the people. Why should people stay out late and spoil their own health.” Geez, I did not know that they really cared so much about people’s health and well-being. I am so touched.

But really the statement that takes the cake is : *…drum rolls…*
“DJs have been prevented from playing music at nightspots as they incite people to dance. Night clubs have been told to play classical music, so people do not dance”

Considering that some music is always playing in my head and my feet cant ever be still no matter what or where I am, I will definitely be arrested if I go to Bangalore.I am sure all the “dancaholics” out there will agree with me that this is absolutely crazy!

No comments: