Thursday, June 23, 2005

Summers in San Francisco

I took the early morning flight and after a gruelling 10 hours of sitting still and trying to sleep in that position, I arrived at Narita airport,Tokyo.I spent my 2 hour stop over walking around because I realised I wont be able to get out of my seat for the next 10 hours!

As we flew over the pacific ocean,the plane shook worse than a broken bus would over a bumpy road!We were holding on for dear life.The ocean, however, looked so calm and unperturbed,beautiful below us, the low hanging clouds looked like cotton candy against a bright blue background.I managed to fall asleep thanks to all the rattling making all parts of my body ache.

I woke up just as we were completing the last hour of flight to SanFrancisco.The transistion was beautiful.The entire sky was white as if it was a neatly laid out bed of pure white cotton.Then slowly as we went forward,the sky started clearing and the blue ocean came into view again and clouds lookin like strips of marshmallows.The blue water changed colour to green and the coastline became visible outlining the land of the majestic green mountains and contrasting deep blue lakes in between.From above, the panaromic view of the city was simply breathtaking. I felt like kicking myself for not having brought my camera.

Well anyways guys, I am in sunny San Francisco now.

No comments: