Friday, June 24, 2005

Visit to the Golden City

Basically the background to my trip is that my cousin sister is gettin married so I decided to come here for it and also this way I can catch up with cousins I havent met in ages and the ones I have never met before.

Today morning was sight seeing day!!We drove down to San Fransisco downtown from San Jose.First stop was Stanford University campus.Its 8200 acres of land surrounded by tall majestic mountains.It made NUS and NTU campus look like high school buildings.It campus has this light brown tinge giving it the ancient look.But its no short in advancement of technology.

After Stanford, we drove by Crystal lake. Looking at the beautiful fog covered mountains around and crystal clear blue lake shimmering in the sun, you wouldnt guess,at the bottom of this lake lies the plate fault lines.

We drove on the mountain edges with the Pacific Ocean on our left and I got reminded of "The Great Ocean Road" of Melbourne where I had driven by the Antartic Ocean.I have no words to describe how splendid the ride was and the beauty of the huge waves hitting the rocks on the shore.

Twin Peaks was our next stop, from where we were able to get a better view of the entire ciy of San Francisco.We drove across the Golden gate bridge.It was terribly terribly windy and we were trying to hold on to our things, including my camera which started flying.

We then headed for Lombard street or what is commonly called Crooked street cos the road goes high up like a roller coaster ride and then the winds down like a 'S'.Its just one of those touristy things people do.

We couldnt go any where else because we had to rush home for the 'mehendi ceremony'.
(P.S: Pictures will come later)

No comments: