Recently,I was book tagged by Ram.C , I decided I needed sometime to actually think about this. Since this post was due, I decided to take sometime off and write it.
I love reading novels. But I am very selective about my authors and I didnt want to put up a post that sounded like I was listing out the books of one particular author only.
Current Reading:
I am reading a book by Robert Ludlum called "The Sigma Protocol". I found out that this was the last book written by him. Although this is only the 2nd book of his that I am reading, I have already taken a liking for the author.This book, is a thriller novel about a secret organisation SIGMA which was set up during WWII.The story seemingly predictable has sudden twists and a complex plot which spans across continents.
Rather than me give you a review, since I myself have not completed the book yet, I found an online review of the book for those you interested to check out.
Recent Readings (in no particular order):
First Among Equals (Jeffery Archer):I never really came round to reading more than 50 pages cos I fell asleep everytime I tried to read the book. But its not the fault of the author.Maybe I shd do justice to it and try reading again.
State of Fear (Micheal Crichton):I was very disappointed because I guess after the previous book of his "Prey" my expectations had soared.But its not a bad book.
Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code(Dan Brown): These books are huge hits, so I am not commenting but if you are interested, you can read Aye Kay's review.
Deception Point(Dan Brown): To be honest, I thought the book was total crap!
Books I read over and again!(in no particular order):
These are my all time favourites. They are not exactly classics, but I have enjoyed the stories or the writing styles so much that when I dont have any new books to read, I dont mind picking them up again.Some of these books I must have read at least twice, some even N number of times in the past 10-12 years.
The Client (John Grisham)
The Street Lawyer (John Grisham)
Jurrasic Park (Micheal Crichton)
Congo (Micheal Crichton)
Airframe (Micheal Crichton)
Prey (Micheal Crichton)-(I read this book 3 times in 3 days, the day I bought it.That is how much I loved it)
The whole Harry Potter collection (J K Rowling)
Malgudi Days (R.K.Narayan)-(Never ceases to amuse me..)
Charlie and the Chocolate fatory (for the less imaginative, there is the movie as well)
Authors whose books I enjoy Reading:
R.K.Narayan : I think his stories are simple yet effective. Short yet captivating, they always leave me feeling inspired.His books can be enjoyed by all and sundry.
Micheal Crichton: Every book of his that I have read has a completely different topic/theme but meticulous,intense background research goes into each book. He takes great effort to be factually correct yet fictiously interesting (if you get what I mean).
John Grisham: His books usually are "about a legal firm" or "about a lawyer".Though slow moving sometimes, his stories deal with different aspects of the our lives and the law.I cant really explain, but I strongly suggest that if you have an interest in legal stories, his books are a execellent reading.
Jeffery Archer:I like his short stories more than his novels.I dont know how I got hooked on to his books, I just did.Its one of those things, you pick up a book, you like what you read and decide to go back to try again.
J.K.Rowling: Yes yes I know, I am also a big Harry Potter Fan! I love her books and I love going to her site for past time reading.
I hope that has been a decent enough review, written in quite a hurry.
The tag passes to the following people: I hope they have not been tagged yet.
Packan
NMK
Lehmunde
Sayesha
Deepak
No comments:
Post a Comment