I am sure by now you would have guessed this post comes from HongKong.I arrived here late last night.
The flight was quite decent and uneventful.For a change they served food that tasted good and I did not have to end up eating bun n biscuits to keep my stomach from grumbling.In fact, I actually was so full, I couldnt eat the biscuits and hot bread they served.And I have to mention, I had the best Cookies and Cream Cornetto I have tasted so far.Yummmm.Yummm.
Things went quite smoothly after that.I didnt lose my luggage (something that happens very often to me :S ). Immigration was a breeze, except the officer looked at my passport photo and my face atleast 6-8 times before giving me the entry visa. My passport foto was taken a few years back and I wasnt wearing glasses in them. I cant help it if my hair was all over the place after a 4 hour flight and my eyes were swollen from lack of proper sleep for nearly 3-4 weeks!
Anyways, I was travelling with a colleague (did I mention that already?) and a close friend of mine was also on the same flight. We all decided to take the 'Airport Express', its a train that takes people from the Airport to HK city.It has limited stops and took about 20 mins (cos it was empty at 12 midnite). Whereas it would have easily taken an hour by road.It was quite comfortable,the seats reminded me of the Eurpean rails you see in movies.
Once we were in HK city,Central Station we had the option of taking a taxi or the MTR (the HK MRT). While my friend decided to take a cab, my colleague wanted to be 'adventurous' and take the MTR.It was only 2 stops to the district (Wan Chai) we needed to go...on the map.The problem was, the Station was an interchange for 6 train lines.We were walking all around the station looking for the train we needed to take.It took a bit of walking around, but we managed.
We came out of Wan Chai Station and all I saw were many tall sky scrapers in front of me. We found a map and just started walking,following our better judgement as a guide.We reached the hotel, sweating panting from carrying our suitcases up and down 2 bridges and a subway.I was sure the hotel would kick us out and never believe we were staying there.But they didnt do that.
By the time I got to my room it was nearly 1 am.Unpacked and slept by 2 am, had to get up at 6.30 to get ready and hopefully beat the HK traffic and reach office by 8.30am.
The HK office is really comfortable.Though the office is buiding is huge, the office itself is much much smaller and the people are really friendly.The morning was very quiet,not as crazy as we expected.Infact, I would say it went without any major issues except one. We went to a nice Indian restuarant for lunch and just got back.Hoping to get time daily after work to go around the city.
Will keep the blog posted on a daily basis as far as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment