My Friend:
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share a line of thought that a close friend of mine (Ishan, for those among u who know him) discussed with me one fine evening. Its a great way to look at ourselves and our role in society I think, and so felt tht I shld share it with u'll.
I am sure all of us at sometime in our lives have read comic books and watched cartoons ( I still do and have no shame in admitting as much). Just think bak if u will, and recall who your favourite superhero ( or heroine - no chauvanism here) was - Superman, Batman, Spiderman, He-Man, Flash, Captain America, Phantom, Wonder Woman or our very own Super-Commander Dhruv, Nagraj, Mandrake the Magician or Chacha Chaudhary and Sabu. I may have missed out a lot of big names here and your favourite may not have been mentioned but lets not get too touchy on the subject shall we. The point is we have all idolised such heros and heroines. We have been enthralled by their superpowers and have even tried to ape them. I remember many great evenings spent with a towel tied arnd my neck, pretending to play Superman, or with a 'sword' in hand playing He-Man, and whether u'll wld like to admit it on this forum or not, I am very sure u'll can recall similarly exciting evenings.
But as we grow up we 'grow' out of these childish fantasies. We 'realize' and 'accept' that we are only human and have no superpowers to speak of. We are only 'ordinary' and so must wade through life as best as we can.
Let us pause for a moment here and study our childhood heroes. Each of them has a special power (or powers) of their own which is so great that it carries them through their lives. They understand their power fully and know how to employ it. They r able to rely on their power in the worst of times to pull them through the crisis. They all have weaknesses and know how to work around them. And most importantly they know that with great power comes great responsibility and that it is their duty to utilise their power to the fullest for the benefit of all around you.
There is one great advantage we have over our heroes. While they can't impart their powers to others, we on the other hand, can. So spread your determination, or optimism or confidence to others around you. Let them feel your power to such an extent that it rubs off on them.
When Ishan discussed this line of thought with me it did give me a very different perspective. I indeed do feel even more powerful than before (note: modest as i am, i said 'even more' ). I hope it has the same effect on you. You may, on the other hand, find this entire idea rather silly. Aah well to each his own then I suppose. But believe it or not you are a Superman or a Superwoman. But for tht to be of any use you need to believe so too.
All the very best
Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment