Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Good Morning HongKong

Maybe this should be called Gd Morn Singapore,since I doubt if anyone from HK will be reading it ..But well anyways,let me see..where did I leave off y'day..aaaah yes

Y'day afternoon, a few of my colleagues took us to a small cosy Indian restuarant nearby for lunch.The buffet had limited variety but the food was very tasty, not to say the Gulab jamuns were huge and delicious (my mouth has already started watering, so I better stop describing the food).

I noticed on my way to lunch and back that the roads were much narrower than they are in S'pore but the number of people moving on them is nearly 5-folds.That seems to be a feature in HK, every where and anytime of the day you can see a huge mass of people hurrying around. I used to think that S'pore had a fast pace of life, but now I have to say I am wrong.

Anyways, the afternoon was crazy in the office.I spoke too soon about it being quiet.It turned out to be just the calm before the storm!By the time we finished taking care of issues, I realised I was on the fone with the S'pore office at least 20 over times.It was 9pm by the time I finally got to leave office.One of my colleagues from S'pore who was posted here about a month back offered to take us to a place called the "Chunking Mansions". Apprently there is a movie with the same name taken in the same place or is about that place.

Hmmmm..I guess few of you might have guessed by now that if there is a movie about the place what sort of place it might be.. :)(..Let me give you a background before continuing with what we did.)Its filled with huge (and I mean huge!!) people of African origin and drunk indians.Everything is sold at much cheaper than the label price...get the picture?its supposed to be the illegal hub of HK.Its a very shady place,though I have been told its not dangerous, I doubt if I will ever go there alone.But that is the place to go if you want to buy cheap (dirt cheap) electronic items.

Anyways,we then went to a smal alley and found a pure vegetarian indian restaurant there (the only pure veg Indian restuarant in HK it seems).I ate more than I normally eat and on top of that had awesome tasting carrot halwa.I wonder why people thought you dont get indian food in HK??!!

Oh ya, I also went to an indian supermarket and got some ready to eat packs, for days when I just want to head to the hotel and eat.

(Speaking of my hotel,I decided that I should dedicate an entire blog to my hotel and I will do that after I have had the oppurtunity to see more than just my room of my luxurious hotel.Considering that my company is paying a bomb to keep me there, this is the least I can do :) )

Anyways, by the time I reached my room is was about 11.30 pm and I jus crashed and slept off.Woke up feeling so much more fresh this morn than I did y'day morning.
On my way to office, I need to walk a bit to Wan Chai station then take th MTR to Central station. The walk to Wan Chai station from my hotel is awesome because for some odd reason, inspite of being surrounded by buiding which are closely packed and atleast 50-60 stories high, the wind is brilliant!Although HK is humid this time of the year,and considering how packed the roads and bridges are I dont feel humidity or the congestion because of lovely wind.

I guess I will end off here for the day.

No comments: