Several months ago as we were planning Bakku's first birthday I had come across many party ideas which included homemade cookies. I was hooked. I love planning parties. I love theme parties even more. The icing on the cake ( cookie in this case) was having a homemade something the kids take back.
I made the cookie a few times and even managed an eggless version. Since I have been baking quite regularly I thought how difficult can icing a cookie be, right? Wrong!! Especially if you wait till the last moment to even experiment with icing. My mom in law was kind to say ' they should look like they were made at home'. My Neighbour said it looked like a kindergartener had iced it. So you get a rough picture of how bad it was.
But the idea of making cookies stuck. They were simple and I could make a healthy alternative to store bought ones for my biscuit fanatic ( read Bakku). So the first thing I did was I went shopping (don't we all do that when you get a great idea! No? Okay then maybe just me). I found some tools to start off with and searched for some blogs to learn and refer from. The more I read the more I got hooked. I also had good encouragement from the in-laws. So what was the problem you ask. The cookies never lasted till I got around to icing them!
So finally I decided that I will not wait for the cookies to harden for a day or two and just went ahead and decorated them. My first attempt at my new hobby.
No comments:
Post a Comment