Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Random Ramblings

A lot of things happened over the past few weeks, none of which are actually blog worthy though. Mom came, Ramadan started, we have been having a lot of visitors all of a sudden, blah blah. The summer heat is still there but temperatures have dropped by a few degrees, especially night time. So atleast now its bearable to go for a walk, even though the humidity has increased. The whole country is on a slow down for Ramadan for another 2 weeks then it will close for Eid celebrations. Oh the laziness is so much more addictive even for someone who is already sitting at home.

Mom's been here 2 weeks now, already she has found a group of friends for morning walk and exercise. She started off with one hour and now spends 3 hours in the morning 'hanging out' with them. I think she really misses her phone ringing constantly and being busy all the time. I am happy though, to see her resting so much (plus getting fed with lovely food daily is a bonus for me). I know my dad misses her, even though he doesnt say so, because she keeps him very busy, with driving her around and their social meetings, etc.

Raksha Bandan went by with half the rakhis I sent not reaching on time, even though they were posted one month in advance.

Someone recently drowned in my swimming pool, which isnt very deep or long. But I have seen people doing things they ought not to be like diving into such a shallow pool, even though the attendant on duty is telling them not to. Anyways this has posed a problem for me cos they are making a fuss about me using it worried that I will get a heatstroke while swimming or go into labour!

I need to go lie down again, my back is killing me already.

No comments: