With just 12 weeks to go, sometimes its hard to keep the emotions under check. There is a mix of everything from anxiousness to excitement. Thank God I have S around to calm me down and walk me through things every time I get jumpy.
We are trying to prepare the house for the long list of visitors who are going to stay with us for the next six months. The days seem to be passing by fast suddenly. We did try to do some window shopping for the baby, but quickly gave up. I think its best we do that with the parents, since we are both quite lost of what is really a must have and what just is a waste of space.
I have been getting so much info from so many friends and relatives. I feel really happy to have such a great support system around me. Even if I dont feel like I need to follow everything, its good to know there are people I can turn to.
A lot of people have asked me if I would like to have a natural delivery or a C-section. Honestly, I dont think its a question of preference at all. I think its best to let the doctor dictate what would be needed depending on the situation. Speaking to a few friends, I have also realised that you may have to switch from natural to c-sec half way thru labour also. Nearly all the websites I am subscribing to for pregnancy info also asked me if I was worried about labour.
I wonder if its strange that I havent been very worried about many things.
I was told by websites that I need to count baby movements and kicks, but my doctor did not tell me to do that. So I havent actually been counting.
I did not sign up for any antenatal classes, cos there wasnt any I could find here. But I did read up and talk to my friends who went for them. I managed to go attend a forum on breastfeeding babies, which was quite informative.
Different people told me to start supplements for different things ranging from Omega 3 to DHA for the baby. But I really am against taking any pills my doctor hasnt prescribed. I m hundred percent sure that my mom did not take any of these fancy pills and managed to have me and my brother. Our brains grew just fine.
I have totally left the post delivery things to my mom in law's capable hands. I decided I will jus follow wat she tells me to do as far as baby care is concerned.
A lot of the elders voiced concerns about my swimming during pregnancy, but since my doctor seems to be ok with it, I guess its not doing any harm. Of course the thing that gets Sumit all worked up is when I suddenly get up and start dancing to some song that comes on tv.
Oh ya..bending. That has been a big point of debate. While a lot of people kept telling me not to bend or lift things. My mom has been encouraging me to bend and get up and do housework. She feels it will aid with the delivery. I guess as a dancer I have one advantage; I dont bend from the waist even normally. I usually jus go into 'muzhumandi' or full squat position automatically.
Most Indians will tell you to avoid pineapple and papaya during pregnancy. My in-laws also avoid bananas. But I couldnt do that, I needed the banana for the constipation. In fact, my doc said I cud eat pineapple and papaya also if I wanted, but I really dont like them, so it din matter.
I am really glad I havent had much cravings through my pregnancy. I think Sumit is more happy that he wasnt woken up in the middle of the night and made to run around. I have actually been able to pass the chocolate and eat fruits (ok just the regular everyday chocolates, I did get a box of French handmade chocolates which I couldnt pass up). My appetite has actually gone down, because of the summer heat.
I noticed that if I started singing, my baby kicks me. I am not sure if he is saying "Shut up I am trying to sleep" or "Go ahead sing more" (pretty sure its the first, or it may be sheer coincidence).
I guess enough of my pregnancy talk. I should go to bed and rest my swollen feet now.
7 comments:
Ooooh boy I do NOT envy you your swollen feet or the million-and-one instructions on what to do and what not to do during pregnancy.
If I may annoy you for one second by offering YET ANOTHER piece of advice, Angelsera? (Very sorry, cannot resist!)
Please ignore any and all advice given by traditional Indian elders. No offence to your parents or inlaws in particular but OH MY GOD, in India all they ever want to do is make the pregnant woman gain 100 kilos which she can never ever possibly lose later on. It's freaking unhealthy to avoid fruits and avoid housework and avoid this and avoid that. Pregnancy isn't an illness.
Live your life like you normally live it, exercise the way you normally do, eat healthy food (NOT 15 kilos of ghee!) like you normally would eat, follow your actual hunger cues rather than "eating for two" or counting calories, basically just don't allow yourself to be treated like an invalid! The only exception is when you want backrubs and footrubs from your hubby. ;D
And there ends my speech for today. **hugs** Have a happy, healthy pregnancy!
Nandini,
Advice is always welcome :)
When did you talk to my MominLaw?? Just Kidding. I got that a lot from the in-laws on how I should be a 100 kgs before delivery! They actually said that to me a few times also!! I usually just laugh it off and give them stories of how I am putting on weight :D
I totally agree with you, just being normal. Eating normal (with the occasional perks) and exercising is the best way to go.
Ram Pyari: Thanks :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and ooh Congratulations on your pregnancy! I agree you should just listen to your doctor and even though the people who suggest stuff have best of intentions its always safer to follow the doctor. Im sure you'll have fun in the next few months of guests and festivities. All the best for your delivery!
Came by your blog after a really long time -- congratulations! Hope you are doing well, and the baby too. Kisses.
Thanks Shumaila :)
Lehmunade: all fine for now. Thanks :)
Hi, I am newbie on blogs but awesome blog :) and yeah ur post scares me :P
welcome to the blog Bubblegum :)
hehehe..dont be too scared, every pregnancy is different anyways
Post a Comment