Monday, January 10, 2011

You can plan all you want but well things wont go your way, especially when you go thru so much trouble to make sure that your younger brother has a good time. So in my previous post I had said a lot about the things I had planned for him right?

Friday started with tour of Dubai..the Burj viewing tower was a let down, it wasnt so great and view from ther isnt a must-see. From ther we went to Bur Dubai in search of the chaat place I had been to nearly a year back which had the most amazing pav bhaji. But after walking for 1 hour we gave up and settled for another place we found. Thankfully the food was great and we even got to have a kalakatha gola and matka kulfi at the end of our meal which were pretty tasty too. So we decided to spend the evening at Jumeriah where on most evenings you get to see a parade of high end cars drive by from Porshas to Ferraris to Rolls Royces. Well as luck would have it, we hardly got to see any, maybe it was the time or the location we were sitting at or just our dumb luck. I flt bad cos even just the previous friday we saw such a good line up. To add to that, we had bad tasting Mexican food and by the time we drove back I had two sick boys in the car.

Well Saturday started off better. The Grand Mosque of Abu Dhabi is certainly a saviour. It is huge and really beautiful, no expense was spared in its making. Inspired by the Taj Mahal, its made from marble imported from Greece, Italy and India. Chandeliers made in Germany with Swarovski crystals and the largest handwoven carpet weighting 39 tonnes. Evening was supposed to be ice skating, but of course, it just so happened that day the rink was closed to public! It wasnt all bad, we ended up playing pool and bowling.

I had read a lot about Al Ain being rich in culture and heritage. Also some French archeologists had made uncovered some sites from the bronze age, etc. The weather wasnt gonna let us have it so easy. It was foggy all morning, with the visibility dropping as we approached the highway. But by the time we reached Al Ain, the fog cleared and it became really hot! So we went to the museum and the palace both were kinda let downs. The archeological site was closed till 4pm so we couldnt go in cos we were there at 2.30pm and I had to be back in the city by 6pm. So much for that.

I am wondering if its a good ideas to ask people to visit at all!

No comments: