To my recently married best friend
Time has flown by and I cant believe that you are married! I was excited and sad all the same on your wedding day. I know I did not say much during the speech about how important you are, because you already know it.
I remember the many hours of phone calls when we used to talk, and I would feel so sad and miserable everytime you told me about a bad proposal or failed alliance. Even though you took it well, I did not. I don’t think you remember the conversation we had 2 years back over coffee, but I do. I wanted you to leave, go away from Singapore, catch a break.
The day you told me you are leaving for further studies, I was very happy, even though I knew you will not be around for my wedding. I knew what you needed was a change and to get away from the past. When you came back, I wished I was around for you physically. But you came back a more confident person, much stronger person; Like you used to be.
Then I remember the day you came to my home and spent a few days with me and shared about this guy. The journey since has been very different. I saw you happier even with all your doubts. I saw you having someone to share with. I saw this guy made you happy. Even if you did not admit it, I knew he was the one for you. He was mature and knew how to handle you.
I don’t know if we will still have our impromptu meet ups and our sudden calls to each other. I don’t think I will be your go-to person anymore. But I will remain your Girlfriend always.
To the guy who married my best friend
Take care of her. I know we haven't had a chance to get to know each other very well but I really hope we do. But having met you, I know you will look after her well. You seem like an awesome person and I would like to wish you all the very best in Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment