yet another monday morning has come along...after a very eventful weekend
Saturday morning started early for me, with me dragging myself to Pasir ris park for an office cycling event. Ofcourse I had gotten up so ridiculously early that I reached an hour before I needed to.So I sat on one of the benches and read my novel. It was a lovely feeling, sitting there, so different from my usual morning reading places. This place was actually so green and sunny, I felt a strange sense of peace inside. Anyways, that was all the peace I got. Slowly all my colleagues arrived, and we set off on the cycles we had hired. Ofcourse luck wasnt with me, geez what was I thinking! From the moment we started my cycle was making noises and the gear kept coming loose. After about half hour, I decided to take it back and get it 'fixed'. The cycle shop guy looked my cycle and convinced me that nothing was wrong w the cycle. I din want to waste my two hours arguing with him, so I jus left. Less than 10 mins later, the chain came off. This is a small matter, I could handle this. So I did and then rode to the nearest washroom to get the grease stains off my hand. Guess wat! 5 mins later, the chain comes off again!! Never mind, nothing to worry, I can just do it again. and again and again...I wasted more than 45 mins jus gettin on and off my cycle and fixing the damn cycle chain.Of course byt hen the grease stains refused to go no matter how much soap I put. I gave up totally, since I had lost my colleagues and I doubted if I could catch up on my 'katara' cycle. I jus parked at the meeting spot and waited.
After rushing back from the cycling, I had to run to dance class. I was so tired that I cudnt dance for long, so after an hour I stopped trying.No one was really in the mood that day, so we all ended up chit chattin...as usual.
Then it was rush home to change and go for dinner with some close friends at Rang Mahal. It took me such a long time to decide what to wear, that I was actually late. Normally I am ready in 10 mins, its just that I had no energry to get off the sofa and go figure out what to wear. Anyways, the dinner was as could be expected in a fancy restaurant, the company was great, as could be expected of close friends.
Kabul Express was probably the highlight of my rather tiring saturday. I really enjoyed the movie, although I am not sure where it can be ranked. It had some comedy and some serious moments, good time pass movie. Different from a lot of mainstream movies, thankfully with no 'romantic twist' in the story where the American girl falls madly in love with John Abrahim or he falls in love with some Afghan girl, decides to open a dabba and settle there. Of course the oversimplification of certain things annoyed me, but in view of the nature of the movie, I let them pass.
I had planned to be a good girl and clean up my room on sunday, but fate had different plans. I was woken up early morning by my mom to go for some bowling competition my dad had signed up for, excpet he wasnt around. So I had to replace the person who was replacing my dad, cos he cudnt make it in the last minute. I am not much of a bowler... I have hardly gone bowling much, and moreover I suck at all these games. But what the hell, I went anyways. It was fun, mainly cos I knew no one other than my brother and another family friend, so I din care how badly I did, which was not as bad as I expected. Occasionally I did manage to roll the ball such that it din end up in the trench. I din win the competition but I won the lucky draw prize..the first prize of a DVD player. I have never won anything in lucky draws before, so I was excited, even though I had no use for a DVD player, I would have prefered the stereo system that was the second prize.
Sigh..
It was raining the whole day so was glad to be stuck indoors for most part of it. Went to meet a friend in the evening. Catching up on stories and stuff after long time. It was fun and I felt good.
Well that kinda wrapped my weekend...
1 comment:
whoaa! some weekend that! :)
Post a Comment