Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.Like those you can call at 4 am,it is those who read every crappy thing you write that matter.Here's to my friends!!Cheers
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Good Byes already?
Past few days everyone who meets me asks me the same question."So, when is your last day?" Its as if everyone is just waiting for me to leave.Nah I know thats not true.I know its something exciting for my colleagues as I am not leaving for a better job or a better prospect but because I am changing careers (I keep telling myself this over and over again to remind myself also.)
Anyways, we had all gone for lunch y'day, farewell lunch for me.So many people turned up, that I was taken by surprise.At the end of lunch, I was given a small book, scrap-book sorts. It had fotos (all in sepia colour) from all the office events of the past year and towards the last few pages, everyone had written a small note. I never owned an autograph book and when I read some of the things my colleagues wrote I was very touched.
Dearest Desk (soon to be ex-desk)
Thank you for the wonderful year and half.I know I will miss you, the jokes and laughter, the crazy things we used to do in the office.
I will always be proud of getting my first job but I will always cherish the people I met and the friends I made here.I will never forget you,desk,for you have been there during all my troubled times and my good times.I know sometimes I mistreated you, during the mad rush of project completion where I would just leave you cluttered.Sometimes I would make you overwork just cos I need to complete something. Everything I know about a working life I learnt here from all of you.From my first day till now I have always had someone to turn to.
I know I am moving on and someone else will come here in my place I just hope you will also never forget me.
Your Occupant
Angelsera
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment