Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Such is Life...?


"Life is just so unfair!" I exclaimed as I stomped out of the train “Some people just seem to have it all isn’t it?”

I was on the phone with my best friend, who was desperately trying to calm me down. I was waging a war with the whole world, ranting non-stop about the problems in my life. I still don’t know for what reason. I just felt as if I had no reason to smile about. He wasn’t sure what had gotten into me all of a sudden and was trying to make me realise that I m not unlucky.

All of a sudden I was standing in front of a chirpy lady selling tissue paper packets.I just looked at her and wondered,


At this moment, what did she have that I didn’t?

A smile on the face, a calm composure and eyes that gleamed with sincerity every time she said “Thank you”.

At this moment, what did I have that she didn’t?

Legs for walking.

She sat there, wheel chair bound, her spirit not at all dampened even though no one bought tissues from her.It seemed like everyone just walked past her, ignoring her existence. Nonetheless she kept smiling and saying “Thank You!” over and over again.As if saying "Its ok, I understand you are busy, but thanks anyways."

I just silently stood there watching her at work.

No comments: