Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Backpacking

I like reading stories and chronicles of people who travel and write about their experiences, about various cities and different things they did.

Last year when I was in Australia, I met many backpackers.I was so fascinated with some of the things I was told. People who one fine morning just quit their jobs, got an open ticket and took a year out of their lives to simply go globe trotting.They had no idea where they would be the next day or what their plans were. Sometimes they would make plans with people they meet along the way and sometimes go separate ways.Of course there were also times when they would have no money and they would take up a part time job to make quick cash.In the hostel that I stayed in Sydney,some of my dorm-mates would get up at 4 am to go mango/mushroom picking for $5 per hour.There is no rush to go anywhere, no worries about anything and to me, the best way to actually see any city!

Off late my desire to go backpacking around south east asia has just been increasing.I want to take 6 months off and just simply go.Only problem is that there is always so many things happening in my life that its difficult to simply leave.More than that, my parents who are not familiar with the concept of backpacking, find it very difficult to let me go on my own or with any guy friend.Which usually leaves me with very little options.

*sigh* If only..

No comments: