Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Kannathil Muthamital

"You are the beginning of life
as well as the horizon where the sky ends
Like the wind you came,
You stayed as my every breath
You are the life inside me"


This is a direct translation of a few lines from the title song of the tamil movie "Kannathil Muthamital" (she gave a kiss on the cheek).Quite often movie songs show love as an emotion shared by two lovers.In this song, the love is between a guy and a girl also; the song expresses how the guy really feels about the girl.He is the father and the girl, his adopted daughter.

Everytime I listen to this song,something stirs inside,it touches a cord deep in my heart.I feel like just closing my eyes and listening to the song over and over.Maybe its the raagam (tune) or the meaning behind the touching words, maybe its the way the singer sings it.All of a sudden,I get irritated with the lyricist on how he can depict love so eloquently and make my heart melt.I hear the next verse and wonder how the singer is able to convey the meaning so passionately that he makes me want to cry.Then I feel irritated with myself,for being irritated.Then I go back to listening to the song.I feel transported to somewhere else.Nothing matters anymore.When the song ends and I enter reality, all I want to do is play it over again!

No comments: