"I dont think what I did was wrong"
I heard this from someone I know.It got me thinking about how we set our own moral standards and a self-made system of what we feel is 'right or wrong', by which we live our lives.
There is a difference between having this system and imposing it.Just because you think you did no wrong does not mean that the other person needs to think so too.It doesnt make your action correct either.
Someone once told me there are always 3 angles to every arguement.Your point,your opposition's point and the correct point.
Quite often, we get stuck in the rut that ours is the correct point.The other person will also be feeling his is the correct point. We forget that on the other side is someone we love and someone who matters.By imposing our moral system on the other person, quite often, we end up hurting the other person and the relationship.
No comments:
Post a Comment