Friday, August 12, 2005

Alternate Universe?

After a long time, yesterday I had a free evening, with absolutely nothing planned.Normally, I would think of going to esplanade and sitting there with a book and reading for sometime.But instead I decided to just go home!

On my way home I made a small detour to the nearby Macdonalds and sat there reading for about half an hour (simply couldnt resist reading, especially since I had borrowed a R.K.Narayan book from a friend)

I was home fairly early, much to the surprise of my mom.For a change, both my grandmothers were at my home and doing what they do every night, watching the soap operas that come on Sun TV!My father and me love to poke fun of all the soaps and pass sarcastic comments during the shows.Anyways, since I was home early, both of them started fussing over me.Of course it felt good to be spoilt, that too by two grandmas!They started telling stories from the distant past ("You know,I remember when I was a little girl...") to the not so distant past ("I remember when you were a little girl...") to the near-present past ("You are all grown up now...").We were all laughing and talking, and before I knew it, 3 hours had already passed.

As I was getting ready for bed, I realised how long it had been since I actually got to sit at home and talk to my family and spend time with them.I felt as if I have been living in a different world altogether, an alternate universe, where I seem to always be rushing to some class or meeting up with some friend.

I guess its back to living in a my alternate universe for me.Once in a while I get to visit my home planet.

No comments: