Sumit leaves for Singapore tonite on business. Well its his first 'Business Trip', so I am being supportive. Even though he is gonna be gone for 5 days and I am gonna be stuck here alone, I am being supportive. He is super worried about leaving me alone, since we dont have friends here and he is sure I am going to something crazy and get hurt. I am not six! I do wish I could go with him, but I just came back from Singapore few weeks back. I met up with everyone I wanted to and had a great time.
Anyways, in other news, my day started with swimming around in the pool, finally after they turned the heater off. Its such a simple pleasure of life, to be be able to just float around in cold water. Blissful start.
I decided to make South Indian for lunch today, my 2nd attempt at sambhar. I know its quite a shameful thing that being a south indian, I dont know how to cook sambhar. But the sheer number of steps needed to make a decent one used to really put me off. Not to mention the number of utensils that get used. I am more of a lazy one-step all-in kinda cook. It came out decently, not as good as the last time. Ah Well! I knew there would be left over and I could just use that for dinner.
I am sooo looking forward to my mom coming here end of July. I am running out of ideas and patience to cook. Dad is trying to drop by sometime too, on his way back from Iran. I am completing 24 weeks of my pregnancy. I cant understand why people keep telling me that I dont look pregnant, cos when I look in the mirror, I see a very big belly. On most days I get some major kicking from inside to remind me also, as if I had forgotten. Trying to deal with belly itching. Nothing seems to work.
I discovered Fox's cookies in our local supermarket and it has become my comfort food. I sneak in one or two biscuits a day. My favourite one being Chocolate Viennese....mmm buttery and yummy yummy yummy. I am giving myself this allowance now with the promise that once the baby is out, I will be more careful with my calories.
No comments:
Post a Comment