Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Its Raining in Abu Dhabi!

We got a pleasant surprise this morning when it started getting all cloudy here in Abu Dhabi. That itself seems like a rare treat to me.

When I got here it was hot, even the wind that blew would be heavy and burns as it touches and goes. Going out in the afternoon was unthinkable, even in the evening you feel the heat rising from the ground. Then last month the weather cooled down a little. The winds got chilly, shawls and sweaters came out of the closets, winter sales started.

After 16 years in a country where is rains through the year, it is very difficult to be in the exact opposite, where it rarely rains. I missed the November rain very much. I was probably one of those people who loved to simply walk in the rain, especially when just heading home.

So I was delighted to see the grey-black clouds, light drizzle of rain and the water droplets on the window, even though it only lasted for about 5-10 mins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Does that happen often?