I heard from a lot of people that sometimes companies dont take it well when you submit your resignation.Even though I had plucked the courage to submit mine, I had done so by email to my Boss' Boss and on thursday evening and left office.Friday morning I gave my official resignation to my Boss.I was very surprised that not only were both of them very supportive of my move (when I told them the full story and the reason behind my resignation) they also even promised to allow me to leave a month early ( my office has a 3-month notice policy).It didnt take very much time for the news to spread through my department and everyone coming up to me to ask why I was leaving.
After telling the same story for zillion times to each of my colleagues I realised that many of them gave me the same reaction.A couple of them openly told me also that they were envious of me.Envious because I knew what I wanted to do with my life(at least I think I do).Envious because I had the guts to make the change.(In my head I am freaking shit scared about this).The day I gave my resignation I did not have a confirmed job, I still dont.
I am glad I did it though.I dont want to be one of those people who went to work everyday without knowing where their life was heading and one fine morning realise that they have already been working on the same thing for so many years that they cant even imagine change.
No comments:
Post a Comment