Today during lunch, the topic of 'interviews' jus popped up and everyone started telling the wierd questions they were asked and the funny looks they were given for their answers.Our company usually provides the interviewer with a list of possible questions.
One of them is "Do you ever get demoralised?"
My mind wandered back to that small windowless biscuit-brown room with a round table and red paintings on the wall.I was sitting nervously with my hands on the table and fingers locked waiting for my next question.I was asked the very same question by one of my interviewers.On hearing it,I was surprised but a feeling of relief came over my face.
I answered honestly "Yes, Of course".
My interviewer who was scribbling away actually looked up puzzled at my answer. In my head I smiled.
I continued, "Everybody gets demoralised at some point, its very normal.What matters is not whether you get demoralised but how fast you can pick yourself back up and move on."
Now he smiled.
I will never forget that question.Not because it was asked in my interview, but to constantly remind myself what I truly believed in.I make it a point to ask myself that question everytime I feel frustrated with work or feel depressed.
I am a strong believer of 'you write you own fate' but at the same time when things go very much beyond my control, I believe in 2 statements.These 2 statements are my answer to every problem.
1. Whatever should happen, will happen.
2. Whatever happens, does so for the best
Its worked well for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment