"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some; it is in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
--Nelson Mandela
"If I were wrong, one would have been enough" Response to a Nazi pamphlet entitled "100 Authors against Einstein"
--Albert Einstein
"If you want a rainbow you have to put up with the rain."
--Anonymous
Some Really Light Humour quotes:
"Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? "
--Mae West
"I know what you're thinking... Did I fire six shots or only five? To tell you the truth, I forgot it myself in all this excitement.
This here's a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it can blow your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?
Well, do you, punk? "
--Dirty Harry
"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."
The man with no name (Clint Eastwood),
--The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free. "
--Shawshank Redemption
No comments:
Post a Comment