I cannot believe its already friday!!After my last post I would have expected that my weekdays would have been long and tiring.They were.
Well anyways.
I like giving friends small gifts, notes...I dont know why..its jus something I like to do, makes me happy.
I realised that sometimes its not the fanciful or expensive gifts that matter, but the effort put into getting something memorable and meaningful that is priceless.To know someone values you as much as you value them.Even if they already know it, no harm in telling them again.
One of my close friends (lets say F1 :) Sayesha style) is leaving Singapore to go to Australia for her further studies.I was trying to rake my brain as to what to give her.
It struck me that about 5 years ago, when another one of my close friends,F2, was going to Australia, I was pretty much thinking of the same thing.Instead of buying something, I had then decided that I would write a long letter. A letter that basically was like a story book of how we had met and become friends, the funny things we had done together and the times we had fought..blah blah.(I think it was about 4-5 A4-sized pages long)
After I had finihsed writing it, I had read the letter to make sure I had not missed out anything. I didnt realise that I had started crying n smiling, recounting all those moments yet again.I thought 'Things will never be the same between us..now that she is going to Australia..she will probably find other friends'.Within a few hours of her leaving, I got a call. All I heard was squeaking and sobbing. F2 had spent her flight journey reading that letter over and again and crying her heart out.We still laugh about it today.She never let me come to the airport again to drop her off ever again after that though.
To a certain extent thanks to that letter, the memories we shared are never forgotten. Its like a diary, preserving those few moments in words. Every time we read them, we relive that moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment