Something I read in Sayesha's post Sound of Music greminded me of a similar situation I went through in my life.
All my life I have danced and performed various types of dances in many different places.I still remember my excitement when I made it to the university dance group.I had found my platform to choreograph my ideas into dances.I have spent nights with the dance group, at the place we used to rehersh, coming up with innovative steps, trying to make the dance unique.I was so carried away in dance that rehersals would drag on for hours and there were times when we performed nearly everyday at some venue or the other.
But I had a leg problem and after every performance I would be unable to walk or would have torn my ankle ligaments. Thankfully,I had very supportive friends around me,who helped me move around (even carried me back to the room on many occasions) and would nurse me back to health.
Then suddenly my leg deteriorated severely and every doctor I visited only told me one thing "Quit Dancing".One doctor even told me I was at the verge of losing my leg and I would become wheel chair bound very soon, if i didnt stop.
I was totally shattered and very reluctantly I gave up the one thing I was so passionate about.My life plunged into depression. I used to get upset and cry so often about my fate. I would blame God for inducing the passion, blame my mother for making me pursue it for so many years, blame the floor of the university for damagin my legs.I stopped going to performances of any sort.I even stopped meeting anyone who might be related to dance in any way.I felt my life was worthless and over.
One day I sat back and asked myself, "Is this how you plan to live your life?If tomorrow your leg gets worse and is amputated, would you rather think I should have danced while I still could than get up and dance now?"
I started dancing once again.Everyone around kept cautioning me and telling me to take care.I respected their concern and never overdid it.Instead I started taking some extra care in the types of foot ware I bought and doing other exercises to strengthen my legs.
Once again I started pursuing my dream,my passion, my ambition. It felt as if I have known no greater joy than what I got from dancing.
If there is something you want to do, do it today.Oppurtunities are plenty,if they are not, then make them and live your dream!
Dont wait for time to take its toll
Take control and time will be by your side
Your capacity is far beyond what you think
Dont hold back,
Dont try to plan your life,
Dont worry about what tomorrow might bring,
Just let life take its course
And you will see everything falls into place
No comments:
Post a Comment