Calling all Harry Potter fans (more like fanatics).
I saw an entry in Nandini's blog about this essay, and well jobless that I am in office these days (only during the day...somehow all the work seems to come in AFTER 5.30pm :S)I thought I should give it a shot.Anyways, I think its worth a read and definitely something to discuss about.
About the article itself,it is about the way the character of Ginny Weasley is being built up and the Harry/Ginny love life which according to the author is far deeper than what most people might think it is right now.
I was actually surprised, at first, that people take the time off to analyse books like Harry Potter the way they would do to the characters of, say Macbeth or Romeo and Juliet. But I guess it comes as 'no big deal' because Harry Potter is probably THE most widely read series by both children and adults.Yet,somehow, the importance given to character review and analysis of what was supposed to be a children's book, is rather intriguing.
Anyways,do take the time to read the article and let me know you opinions :)
"Breaking All The Rules: the Literary Significance of Ginny's Love Life "
by Red Monster
http://www.sugarquill.net/index.php?action=gringotts&st=hglove
No comments:
Post a Comment